Timeout when upgrading from 1.5.265 to 1.6.329

Topics: Installing BugNET
Nov 12, 2014 at 10:25 AM
When I try to upgrade from 1.5.265 to 1.6.329 I get the following error.

File 1.6.327.0.SqlDataProvider.sql
Error Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. The statement has been terminated.

I tried upgrading to 1.6.315 and this worked OK so it seems to just be something in the script 1.6.327.0.SqlDataProvider.sql that is taking too long to process.
Dec 4, 2014 at 8:57 PM
I have managed to fix this by editing the code to in \library\providers\dataproviders\sqldataprovider\sqldataproviderhelpers.cs and adding a command.CommandTimeout = 200.

It would be a good idea to add this to the code so that it doesn't happen in future upgrades.