POP3 polling interval

Topics: Core, Customizing BugNET, General
Sep 9, 2014 at 5:14 PM
What is the scale for the email pop3 polling interval.
I suppose it's seconds (default value is 600 so it would be 10 minutes) but I can't find any help on this.
Sep 9, 2014 at 5:19 PM
Actually I see it's 6000, not 600. So if it's seconds it will be 1 hour and 40 minutes ( too few? )
If it's miliseconds, the it's every 6 seconds ( too often? )

So now I'm not so sure
Coordinator
Sep 9, 2014 at 5:53 PM
vmasanas wrote:
Actually I see it's 6000, not 600. So if it's seconds it will be 1 hour and 40 minutes ( too few? )
If it's miliseconds, the it's every 6 seconds ( too often? )

So now I'm not so sure
It is actually milliseconds and if the value is lower than 10000 (10 seconds) then 10 seconds is used, so its probably a bit misleading if the default is 6000 and should be changed.
Sep 9, 2014 at 6:23 PM
How can I diagnose what's the problem here?
I've setup this a while ago and still nothing has been created even I've sent a few issues to the configured email.

No errors on the log btw.
Coordinator
Sep 9, 2014 at 6:35 PM
Edited Sep 9, 2014 at 6:35 PM
vmasanas wrote:
How can I diagnose what's the problem here?
I've setup this a while ago and still nothing has been created even I've sent a few issues to the configured email.

No errors on the log btw.
Have you tried to increase the logging level via the log4net config, more details here.
https://bugnet.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Configure%20Receiving%20Email%20with%20POP3&referringTitle=Documentation

Some of the log messages, will be info or warnings
Sep 9, 2014 at 7:17 PM
I've already tried this but nothing interesting in there, I mean no errors.
Coordinator
Sep 9, 2014 at 7:21 PM
Is there indication that it is running? There should be some info entries.
Sep 9, 2014 at 7:39 PM
Not even that, just some assembly loading and minor stuff.
Coordinator
Sep 9, 2014 at 8:28 PM
vmasanas wrote:
Not even that, just some assembly loading and minor stuff.
Is the httpmodule uncommented in the web.config (2 places)?
Coordinator
Sep 10, 2014 at 2:42 PM
Edited Sep 10, 2014 at 2:42 PM
Did you get any further?