Configure Source Code Repository Integration

Topics: General
Aug 19, 2014 at 9:59 AM
How can I know that configuring of Source Code Repository Integration is successful?

I already finished configuring Mercurial (hg), but don't know how to check. How to know if my configuration is correct? What changes should I notice?

Moreover, where would I create a folder for my Subversion (hooks folder of your subversion repository.)?
That particular page should I put in the Server Root URL in Subversion section of the site? How can I create a page for a subversion using local installation of BugNET?

My questions were not answered in the documentation page (https://bugnet.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Configure%20Source%20Code%20Repository%20Integration&referringTitle=Documentation)

Please help. Thank you!
Coordinator
Aug 19, 2014 at 8:06 PM
clarence_17 wrote:
How can I know that configuring of Source Code Repository Integration is successful?

I already finished configuring Mercurial (hg), but don't know how to check. How to know if my configuration is correct? What changes should I notice?

Moreover, where would I create a folder for my Subversion (hooks folder of your subversion repository.)?
That particular page should I put in the Server Root URL in Subversion section of the site? How can I create a page for a subversion using local installation of BugNET?

My questions were not answered in the documentation page (https://bugnet.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Configure%20Source%20Code%20Repository%20Integration&referringTitle=Documentation)

Please help. Thank you!
After configured, when making a commit to the repository with a issue id in the description you will see a revision for that issue id on the issue detail page. You can verify this is working by check the hooks executable log and BugNET log viewer.

Once you enter the url of your repository in the project configuration screen, you will see a new tab in the BugNET menu.
Aug 20, 2014 at 12:37 AM
Edited Aug 20, 2014 at 2:38 AM
Yes I get the new tab, but my question is how can I have the URL? How will I generate that URL? Where will I find it? Is there a need also to use Tortoise SVN? I can't seem to generate URL using TortoiseHg.

Going back to the revision of Issue ID, is this the Revision part located at the bottom of an issue (besides comments, sub-issues etc)?
Furthermore, when you say commit, these are changes related to issues/defects of a Project? How about the changes to its source (Source of BugNET tool)?

Just to add,
  1. Copy the post-commit.bat file from the BugNET.SubversionHooks folder in the installation package to the hooks folder of your subversion repository.
  2. Open the post-commit.bat file in notepad or another texteditor and make sure the directory specified where the BugNET.SubversionHooks executable is located. (The BugNET.SubversionHooks executable must be on the same machine as your subversion server but the BugNET web application can be on another server).
  3. Open the BugNET.SubversionHooks.exe.config file in notepad or another text editor and change the following properties:
In the steps above, where will I place the folder (where the BugNET.SubversionHooks.exe.config file resides) or the file itself? How can BugNET know where to find this file? I already had my Subversion URL, but no additional tab was displayed in the main menu.

Lastly, this subversion is also used when there are changes in Issues per project? or is it on codes only? Because I noticed there is also a Subversion for every project. What's that for?

Please enlighten me. Thank you!
Coordinator
Aug 20, 2014 at 1:48 PM
clarence_17 wrote:
Yes I get the new tab, but my question is how can I have the URL? How will I generate that URL? Where will I find it? Is there a need also to use Tortoise SVN? I can't seem to generate URL using TortoiseHg.

Going back to the revision of Issue ID, is this the Revision part located at the bottom of an issue (besides comments, sub-issues etc)?
Furthermore, when you say commit, these are changes related to issues/defects of a Project? How about the changes to its source (Source of BugNET tool)?

Just to add,
  1. Copy the post-commit.bat file from the BugNET.SubversionHooks folder in the installation package to the hooks folder of your subversion repository.
  2. Open the post-commit.bat file in notepad or another texteditor and make sure the directory specified where the BugNET.SubversionHooks executable is located. (The BugNET.SubversionHooks executable must be on the same machine as your subversion server but the BugNET web application can be on another server).
  3. Open the BugNET.SubversionHooks.exe.config file in notepad or another text editor and change the following properties:
In the steps above, where will I place the folder (where the BugNET.SubversionHooks.exe.config file resides) or the file itself? How can BugNET know where to find this file? I already had my Subversion URL, but no additional tab was displayed in the main menu.

Lastly, this subversion is also used when there are changes in Issues per project? or is it on codes only? Because I noticed there is also a Subversion for every project. What's that for?

Please enlighten me. Thank you!
TortoiseHG works with a mercurial source code repository, TortoiseSVN works with a subversion and are mutually exclusive and not used together.

For installing SVN or HG I can not comment as it is well documented on many other sites which a quick Google search should present. Once you have that installed and understand how hooks work in SVN or HG, then you can configure the BugNET integration.

As for a high level of how it works:
  1. You put the hooks executable to a folder and the batch file into the hooks folder of your repository
  2. Each comment the hooks batch file is run
  3. Hooks executable parses commit messages for issue ids
  4. Hooks executable adds new revision records to BugNET based on the project repository and issue id via BugNET web services.
This is what is described in our documentation on how to configure the integration but with more details.
Sep 3, 2014 at 5:04 AM
I see, but please help me clarify this. When configured correctly, (I'm getting error Application Error - /BugNET1.6.315/SvnBrowse/SubversionBrowser.aspx), every comment to an issue and every change in an issue, it will appear in the Repository?

Or is it the "Source Code" of the tool (meaning the programming code).?