Installing BugNET from different servers

Topics: Installing BugNET
Aug 7, 2014 at 1:17 AM
Will it be possible to install the services on one server and install the client components of the application in Windows XP?

For example, i'll be using Windows 7 obviously for IIS 7+, but is it possible to have the database on other server? If yes, how will i do that? :)

Thanks in advance!
Marked as answer by clarence_17 on 8/11/2014 at 9:10 PM
Coordinator
Aug 7, 2014 at 1:10 PM
This is the most common deployment scenario for web applications, you web server that has the application and a database server that runs the database. The connection is made using the database connection string in the web.config. After you have everything installed just make sure your connection string points to the server that your database is on.
Aug 8, 2014 at 12:20 AM
Hi, thanks! I have already finished the setup. However, I am encountering a problem with the latest release:

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 11: <add name="BugNET" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=BugNET;Integrated Security=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
Line 12: </connectionStrings>
Line 13: <DataProvider defaultProvider="SqlDataProvider">
Line 14: <providers>
Line 15: <add name="BugNET" connectionString="Server=ISTSQL-01Q\SQLEXP2008;Database=BugNETDB;User ID=sa;Password=istQAmaster03;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

btw, i am using windows XP as web server and Windows 2008r2 as my DB Server. In Windows XP, there is no need to convert the directory in to Application since this is automatically converted in application upon creating of new directory in IIS 5.1. Thanks!