Send email to users if a comment is changed

Topics: Customizing BugNET, General
Jun 23, 2014 at 8:34 PM
Can anyone tell me what I would need to edit or add if I were to want BugNet to send an email not only when an issue is edited, but also when issue comments are? I've found some semi-relevant code in BugNet.BLL\IssueNotificationManager.cs but I do not think it is quite what I need. Any suggestions or code?
Coordinator
Jun 24, 2014 at 3:20 PM
Email notifications are sent for new comments added to an issue. A users own actions are excluded from email notifications though.
Jun 24, 2014 at 4:27 PM
What I want to do is edit the code so that this happens. My team likes to edit comments rather than adding new ones to reply to comments so it would be beneficial if every edit of a comment sent an email out.
Coordinator
Jun 24, 2014 at 4:34 PM
Edited Jun 24, 2014 at 4:35 PM
lyoung wrote:
What I want to do is edit the code so that this happens. My team likes to edit comments rather than adding new ones to reply to comments so it would be beneficial if every edit of a comment sent an email out.
Notifications are sent for new comments and edits.

see IssueCommentManager and IssueNotificationManager
https://bugnet.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest#src/BugNET.BLL/IssueNotificationManager.cs

public static void SendNewIssueCommentNotification(int issueId, IssueComment newComment)