BUGNet theming: left sideMenu

Topics: Customizing BugNET
Aug 28, 2013 at 4:14 PM
I've been theming BUGNet, but I've run into a small problem. The left hand sidemenu which is present on the Project Administration and Application Configuration pages has its background set inline, rather than in CSS, and thus cannot be changed.

Is there any way to work around this?

The code as it appears in a browser is:
<div id="menu"> <ul class="sideMenu"> <li id="ctl00_ctl00_MainContent_Content_AdminMenu_ctl00_ListItem" style="background: #C4EFA1 url(../../images/page_white_gear.png) no-repeat 5px 4px;" class="on"> ... </li> ... </ul> </div>
Aug 28, 2013 at 5:59 PM
Not really, unless you recompile the code but you can try this css trick to try to override it.

http://css-tricks.com/override-inline-styles-with-css/
Aug 28, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Edited Aug 28, 2013 at 7:06 PM
I'm not a fan of using !important, but I suppose I'll have to. Thanks.

If it's not too much trouble, would the team be willing to defer to the stylesheet instead of setting this element's background with an inline style in subsequent versions?
Aug 28, 2013 at 7:07 PM
LViornery wrote:
I'm not a fan of using !important, but I suppose I'll have to. Thanks.

If it's not too much trouble, would the team be willing to defer to the stylesheet instead of setting this element's background with an inline style in subsequent versions?
For sure, we will be doing a major UI overhaul in the next release and will clean this up.