Installation Issue

Topics: Installing BugNET
Jul 11, 2013 at 5:23 PM
Hi There,

I have followed the instructions as per this link and at the final step when accessing the Install page, I get the following error message:

Could not find stored procedure 'BugNet_HostSetting_GetHostSettings'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Could not find stored procedure 'BugNet_HostSetting_GetHostSettings'.

I've researched a little but was not able to solve it. Has anyone dealt with this issue before?

Thanks,
Coordinator
Jul 11, 2013 at 6:55 PM
You can try to access the install page directly - http://localhost/BugNET/Install/Install.aspx
Jul 12, 2013 at 7:29 PM
I could have sworn I tried that at least a dozen times. But of course after you post it always works :)

Thanks for your help, the DB got created and now I'm on to the next step.
Coordinator
Jul 12, 2013 at 7:55 PM
Great to hear you got it installed :)
Sep 30, 2013 at 2:46 PM
The same issue for me, but can't open direct install page. Can you please advice what might be done?
Coordinator
Sep 30, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Recycle IIS then visit the install page directly.
Oct 1, 2013 at 6:06 AM
Edited Oct 1, 2013 at 6:14 AM
Yep, indeed it was my fault. Can you please explain, why doesn't it help?
I've also created manual DB, is it bad for future version migratios?
Coordinator
Oct 1, 2013 at 1:15 PM
I believe there are issues with how the application starts and is redirected to the install page.

By creating it manually your admin user won't get created, but as long as you run the Schema, and Data scripts it should be fine.
Aug 7, 2014 at 9:06 AM
I'm encountering the same error using Windows XP and version 1.5.265 of BugNET. I already tried restarting the IIS. It didn't solve the problem. Please help...