Custom Project Fields

Topics: Core, Customizing BugNET, General
Jan 25, 2013 at 7:10 PM

I noticed that the project custom fields do not have the flexability of the overall custom fields. Is there a reason why a project custom field could not be a text or date field and why we are limited to only three custom project fields?

Thanks, Chris

Coordinator
Jan 25, 2013 at 7:14 PM
clada wrote:

I noticed that the project custom fields do not have the flexability of the overall custom fields. Is there a reason why a project custom field could not be a text or date field and why we are limited to only three custom project fields?

Thanks, Chris

Hi Chris,

I am not sure I understand, custom fields are created by projects and can be the following types: Text, Dropdownlist, Date, Rich Text, Yes/ No and a User List.

Jan 25, 2013 at 7:22 PM

We must be on an older version of the code. We can only add dropdown fields for the project-based custom fields. The overall custom fields have the following available datatypes: varchar, nvarchar, nchar, int, decimal, datetime, and char

Coordinator
Jan 25, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Hmm, it should say at the bottom of the website what version you are using.

Jan 25, 2013 at 7:29 PM

I do not see that info on the web site. does it appear in the web.config somewhere?

Coordinator
Jan 25, 2013 at 7:30 PM

It may have been customized, but you can examine the properties of the BugNET.dll in the bin folder of the website.

Jan 25, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Thanks. I will check