C:\email reference preventing test mail from working

Topics: Customizing BugNET
Nov 18, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Hello,

I am installing BugNet as a new user and recently upgraded to the just-released 1.2.231 build. 

When I try to send a Test Message in the SMTP configuration screen, I see this error in the log:

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Email\c0598be7-ad97-4718-9323-a32ebf55d240.eml'. 

I do not have a C:\Email folder defined on my server nor would I have that option on my hosted web server and I did not specify that the C:\Email path be used or referenced.

If a DOS path is necessary can it point to the App_Data folder under the BugNET_WAP root? 

Thank you,
-- Jon 

Coordinator
Nov 18, 2012 at 11:50 PM

The source package web.config is setup for testing, you can remove the smtp server section.

Nov 19, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Dubeaud,

I am always afraid to make any changes to config files for apps I didn't design so THANK YOU once again! Your advice worked. 

After removing the web.config entry (as you suggested) I was getting a
" No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it"
error and discovered that my SMTP e-mail host (thankfully) provides an alternate port, which worked perfectly!

So I understand that the c:\email folder reference was for testing purposes. I wonder if I will be able to get BugNet to monitor e-mail sent to a specific e-mail address and log that as a ticket or append notes to an existing ticket... I am going to experiment with that next and I will start a new discussion if I notice anything I can't fix.

By the way, you/the team did a very nice job on detecting the database version when new source code is deployed and auto-updating the database schema (at least that is what appears to have happened). Well done! 

Thank you for all of your help.

Regards,
-- Jon