BugNet on Server 2012, IIS8 and MSSQL Server 2012 - hang during issue creation/update

Topics: Installing BugNET
Nov 16, 2012 at 4:23 PM

I jsut did an install on a Server 2012 environment.  There is a local instance of SQLServer 2012 and BugNet is installed from c:\inetpub\wwwroot\bugnet.  It is part of the defaultsite in IIS.  The app pool is set to .net 4.0 by default.  Everything went fine during install no script errors.  But while running i am getting a hang during issue creation or updating of an existing issue.  Interestingly the issue im working with actually does get Created/Updated respectively.  So if i have another browser instance open and I can hit refresh and see the updates.  There are no event viewer exceptions that i can find.  Nothing in the app log table in the DB either.

This is wierd because I have a second environment in my office where i built BugNet exactly the same way only on IIS7 and Server 2008.  No issues there.

Nov 19, 2012 at 4:54 PM

We haven't tried installing BugNET on Server 2012 or MSSQL 2012 yet, so we are unaware of any incompatibilities at the moment.

Nov 19, 2012 at 5:18 PM

FYI:

I have BugNET running in my test environment under Server 2012 and MSSQL 2012 and so far have not had any issues with Created/Updating issues.

It possibly could be the async email sending which sometimes hangs when in Debug mode.  If you compiled the source manually you might try making sure that it is in Release mode.