Email attachment strips content from email body

Topics: Core, Customizing BugNET
Nov 14, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Hi,

Am experiencing an issue with BugNet processing incoming emails with attachments.

Without an attachment then the content of the email body is correctly processed and appears in the Issue description.

However when a file is attached the content of the email body is lost, although the attachment is processed correctly.

Does anyone have any pointers as to how to fix this? I have the source running locally so can change the code if necessary.

cheers

Nov 14, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Since the last release the mailbox module has been re-written to handle attachments and logging better with regards to debugging issues with connectivity to POP3 servers.

Changeset http://bugnet.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/279ba0600afc lists all of the changes.

Compiling from source and updating is tricky but can be done, you would need to review the changesets to see what has changed and any issues with doing this kind of deployment.

Thanks
William

Nov 15, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Are there any database changes associated with that changeset?

We are running the 1.1.213 source pretty much 'as is' with only very minor code changes

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Yes, the SQL file Providers\DataProviders\SqlDataProvider\Latest.SqlDataProvider.sql will have the most recent changes for the latest source code, so you may have to run this if you are going to compile and update from latest.

William

Jan 7, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Just in case others were having the same issue as me, to fix this all I did was integrate the Lumisoft.net project from 1.2 of the source into 1.1 and this has done the trick. I was even able to use the MIME_Entity class to write the emails to disk which was very handy.