New to Bugnet and having upgrade problems

Topics: Installing BugNET
Sep 18, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Hi guys. I am fairly new to both BugNET and ASP.NET itself.

At my new job I've been assigned the task to try to upgrade the installation of bugnet from 0.8 to the latest (1.1).

I managed to get all the files in place, set the Web.Config file up, update the application pool to .net v4, and managed to run the install file for bugnet itself (all scripts completed successfully)

I finally got as far as the login screen, but after trying to login to my new installation got the message 'Invalid object name 'BugNet_P4_CFV'. '

All the errors and issues I encountered until this point I was able to figure out, but with this one I haven't the first clue :S

If anyone's got any useful information or advice on how I may be able to solve this I would be most grateful, thanks, 

Martin.

(PS. I can add in the stack trace if it prove useful to anyone, just let me know :) )

Sep 18, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Please see this thread on the topic http://bugnet.codeplex.com/discussions/392922

And report back here if it solved your issue.

Thanks
William

Sep 18, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Awesome, seems to have worked. Thankfully the guy I took over from reset his password as he is the only super user I'm aware of, so managed to use his account!

Have spotted a few small css based errors now on the IssueDetail.aspx page, but nothing I can't sort myself, the important stuff seems to work anyway.

Thanks for the link, I'd have never found it myself :)

Martin.