New Issue creation - How to force the value of some fields?

Topics: Customizing BugNET
Sep 15, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Hello,

When a "Reporter" user creates a new issue, is there a way to force (and even hide) some of the fields in the issue creation form?

For example, I'd lile [Status] to be forced to "New". Indeed, Reporters should not have the choice to select another status.

[Assigned to] to be forced to a specific user (in order to create some kind of approval process)

[Milestone], [Resolution], [Owned by], [Affected Milstone], [Private], [Due Date], [Estimation] to be hidden or at minimum, not editable.

Thank you, Clément

Coordinator
Sep 15, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Not currently, this is a very requested feature that we will be looking to add in the near future.

Dec 11, 2012 at 11:26 AM

It would be superb to be able to set in the project settings for new issues which values are default. As clems38 mentioned above, the ability to set Status to 'New' by default for new issues. 

Jun 5, 2013 at 3:59 PM
I would like to echo the request to allow configuration of a new issue with default values. We are having a tough time with adoption because of users having to enter values that should default for new issues on entry.
If we can help in anyway to move this forward please let me know
thanks john
Coordinator
Jun 5, 2013 at 5:50 PM
jnorman927 wrote:
I would like to echo the request to allow configuration of a new issue with default values. We are having a tough time with adoption because of users having to enter values that should default for new issues on entry.
If we can help in anyway to move this forward please let me know
thanks john
Hi jnorman927,

The ability to customize the new issue page, and set default values was added in BugNET 1.4, please see our blog announcement for more details on the release.
http://blog.bugnetproject.com/bugnet-1-4-and-bugnet-pro-1-2-released