new language

Topics: Localization
Sep 12, 2012 at 1:19 PM
Edited Sep 14, 2012 at 7:14 AM

Hi,

I am translating to Arabic, how to add Arabic to the list of application default drop down list and to current installed languages. 

Sep 15, 2012 at 5:45 PM
hhadid wrote:

Hi,

I am translating to Arabic, how to add Arabic to the list of application default drop down list and to current installed languages. 

Hi,

This script is used to insert a new language row into the table that populates the  drop down list

INSERT INTO [dbo].[BugNet_Languages] ([CultureCode], [CultureName], [FallbackCulture]) VALUES('nl-NL', 'Dutch (Netherlands)', 'en-US')
Modify the values as necessary for Arabic.

Sep 16, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Hi,

I applied the script after amending it to ar-AR for the cultercode field and added the file 'Settings.aspx.ar-AR.resx' in ..\BugNET\Administration\Host\App_LocalResources but received the following error when clicking Languages from the list:

Application Error - /bugnet/Administration/HostlSettings.aspx

An error has occured in processing your request

Sep 16, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Hi,

Problem solved, it should be ar-IQ rather than ar-AR.

Sep 16, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Hi,

I added the translated file 'SharedResources.ar-IQ.resx' in '..\BugNET\App_GlobalResources' folder, now 'Arabic Iraq' is appearing in the list of Culture but when selected as application default language and updated settings the application doesn't pick the translated file. 

Sep 20, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Selecting the language in the user profile should work. You can also verify that the localization http module in the web.config is un-commented.

Sep 27, 2012 at 8:31 PM

How is it going with your translation?

Sep 28, 2012 at 9:35 PM

I checked the localization http module, it is uncommented, but still its not picking ar-IQ. I am not sure what you mean by user profil. I created a user other than admin, logged-in but still no change.

Sep 29, 2012 at 10:04 PM

After you login, click the username up in the top left hand corner.   Select preferences then you can choose the language. Each user can have their own language preference.

Sep 30, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Thanks ... now it is picking ar-IQ from user profile. I will continue translating all resources and inform once finished so that it can be added to available languages ! 

Feb 8, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Hi,
I'm working on the romanian translation. Anyone want's to share the files ? By the way zeta is great!
Feb 8, 2013 at 5:06 PM
We would love to add your Romanian translations to BugNET. You could share them via a url, pull request, or attach them to a new issue in the tracker.
Feb 12, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Edited Feb 12, 2013 at 2:56 PM
dubeaud wrote:
We would love to add your Romanian translations to BugNET. You could share them via a url, pull request, or attach them to a new issue in the tracker.
Hi,
i've finished the romanian translation. I 've added a new issue in the tracker.
I've notice one small problem: I translated the App_GlobarResources\Notifications.resx when the application sends a notification it still apears in english even there is a file with the romanian translation.
And the second problem: where can i modify the HostSetting_DefaultUrl because BugNet is intstaled on a server and when it sends notification on the bottom of the email i get the adrees like this: http://localhost/BugNet/Issues/IssueDetail.aspx?id=41.
Feb 12, 2013 at 3:17 PM
nightskater wrote:
I've notice one small problem: I translated the App_GlobarResources\Notifications.resx when the application sends a notification it still apears in english even there is a file with the romanian translation.
And the second problem: where can i modify the HostSetting_DefaultUrl because BugNet is intstaled on a server and when it sends notification on the bottom of the email i get the adrees like this: http://localhost/BugNet/Issues/IssueDetail.aspx?id=41.
In the template folder you will see XSLT files, you must translate these to romanian as well, just create a copy of each of them and make sure they have the ro-RO in the file name like the resx files are setup. By default if the notifications do not find a translated file specific to the language they will use english as the default.

All host settings can be modified from the Application Settings under Admin, you have to be a Super User to see the menu for Admin.
Feb 12, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Edited Feb 12, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Yes i know that...i was telling you that everywhere BugNet shows the corect translation...excepting when the email it's send. Maybe it's there a bug and it does't send in another language. Please check to see if you choose another language if it's working. I've translated those files to...but the problem is that there it doesn't read the romanian language ..i can see that because the subject from the email is in the translation file not in the template files.
I've done this...i replaced the notificantion file with the romanian one (this one pointing to the templates files translated in romanian) and it worked...i don't see the problem with the templates files but with the notification file.
Thanks.