Customize for customers

Topics: Customizing BugNET, General
Aug 28, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Hi all,

in a BugNet-Project we hold all issues for our software with many customers. We want to give our customers an account, so that they can see there own issues and report new issues. It is indispensable that they can see only there own issues. For this purose I tried to use the "Reporter" -role , but with no luck. I cannot limit the view so that a customer can only see his own issues.  Is it even possible?

Thanks

Erich

Coordinator
Aug 29, 2012 at 5:00 PM

You would have to customize the application for this.

Oct 16, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Hi all,

I also would like to have this feature.  I don't want users to ses each others' issues.

I don't have time to customize, that's why I choose a product in development like BugNet, because you can adapt to new requests.

I understand that you can't "do them all" and not for yesterday of course ;)

But I can't let my customers access the system if they see each other's issues.

I think it's a value added option to BugNet, we surely ain't gonna be only 2 in the world willing to use such a feature but you decide :)

A checkbox in the project like "User see only its own issues" (except project administrators who see all of course)

Thanks.

Regards,

Alain

Coordinator
Oct 23, 2012 at 1:40 PM

The easiest way to accomplish this would be add a new permission to only allow users to see issues that they create.  We can look into adding this.

Coordinator
Oct 23, 2012 at 1:41 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.