Edit Usercontroles (e.g. IssueDetails.aspx.cs & IssueList.aspx.cs)

Topics: Customizing BugNET
Jul 3, 2012 at 2:59 PM

I've been strugeling with this for 2 days straight now. I would like to change the IssueDetail tab functionality so the tabs refer to javascript.void(0) instead of href="#" this makes the page easier to use because it doesn't sent you to the top of the page (and back).

And I also would like to edit the IssueList to make the pager work with the user's preference. 

The MyIssues tab works with it and both MyIssues and IssueList use cltDisplayIssues but I can't get it to work. I guess the functionality is stored in BugNET.dll and the files are obsolete because the files are not being used.

I would really appreciate any help regarding editing these files.

Jul 3, 2012 at 3:56 PM

If you are referring to the users page size this has been addressed recently in some of the commits.

As for making tweaks your best bet is to create a fork, clone your fork, make your changes, commit back to your fork, then do a pull request to the main project. If accepted then everybody wins.

Jul 3, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Thank you for your response!

I've looked into that but that way I have to completely replace the BugNET.dll so I can use the new functionality?

I don't know what that would do to the rest of the site. And also if a new release can be expected anytime soon I'd better look into other issues?

Tomorrow I will do some extensive testing and let you know.

Jul 6, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Hello,

I couldn't find a way to make sure the code files were used so I've added additional javascript to the page to ensure the href="#" parameters get removed.

Because of the removal of href="#" the cursor: pointer; style is lost.. I've added that to the Default.css and now everything works like a charm!

~\Issues\UserControls\IssueTabs.ascx

<script type="text/javascript">
    function EndRequestHandler(sender, args) {
        $("ul.issueTabs a").removeAttr('href');
        $('div.issueTabsContainer').unblock();
    }
</script>

and

~\App_Themes\Default\Default.css (line: 1569)

.issueTabs li a
{
    cursor: pointer;
	width: 125px;
	list-style-type: none;
	display: inline-block;
	margin: 0;
	white-space: nowrap;
	border-bottom: 1px solid #D5D291;
	display: inline-block;
	text-align: center;
	padding: 5px;
}

This solution resolves the page being refreshed between each tab clicked.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.