Role assignment and private bugs

Topics: General
May 14, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Users who have a super user and project administrator role assigned are still unable to view private bugs assigned to them and other users.  However, other users with other roles are able to view their private bugs with no issue.  Is there something besides role assignment that is prohibiting privates bugs from being viewed properly?

Coordinator
May 15, 2012 at 2:13 PM
Edited May 15, 2012 at 2:15 PM

I'm not aware of this, as far as it should work only the user assigned and project administrators can access private issues. We are looking to expand this with a new permission in the future.

May 23, 2012 at 10:09 PM

The scenario is the the project is private, and when an issue is created between two users in the project all other memebers of the project have access to the issue even when they are not project admin, nor the assignee or creator or associated with it in any way.

It does not seem that the Private box does anything to make it private.

May 30, 2012 at 9:32 PM

After more digging the issue is that all people within a project can see a private issue created within that project, their role seems to have no bearing on it.  The documentation seems to point out that private messages can be seen by people authorized to see them and anybody within a private project.  All of our projects are private.  I hope this makes sense but to boil it down Private Project > Private issue within the project can be seen by all users allowed to view the project instead of just the creator, owner and assignee.  

Jun 13, 2012 at 4:18 PM

For me private and public projects have to do whether I want the project and its issues to be public. For example, I develop websites, some projects are public because they are for the customer to submit problems, requests, etc. while other projects are private because they are my way of creating a list of things to do or fix for every release but I don't want those details to be freely available to the internet.