Error when adding Status to any project

Topics: Core, General, Installing BugNET
Oct 8, 2014 at 4:25 PM
i just installed the latest version on windows 2008 server with sql 2008 and the install was successful, no errors.

i switched over to windows authentication, no issue

created a new project using the wizard, with no errors, until the wizard took me back to the homepage, where a general error was displayed. when i went through the event logs on the server i found this error "Invalid object name 'BugNet_P3_CFV'"

i tried playing with the project and creating a new one, cloning, etc and found that the error only happened when a status option was added to the project. doesnt seem to matter how many statuses are added or what they are named, just creating a single one called "New" results in the error when going to the homepage.

i can get to the project list page with no problem and modify the project and do other tasks, it just seems to be on the homepage that i encounter the error.

i did come across a post about this same error which pointed to another post that said to click the link "generate custom field views". i did that and received " Project custom field views were created successfully", but that didnt fix the issue. the error still shows up if there are any statuses in the project.
Coordinator
Oct 10, 2014 at 3:10 PM
nisav wrote:
i just installed the latest version on windows 2008 server with sql 2008 and the install was successful, no errors.

i switched over to windows authentication, no issue

created a new project using the wizard, with no errors, until the wizard took me back to the homepage, where a general error was displayed. when i went through the event logs on the server i found this error "Invalid object name 'BugNet_P3_CFV'"

i tried playing with the project and creating a new one, cloning, etc and found that the error only happened when a status option was added to the project. doesnt seem to matter how many statuses are added or what they are named, just creating a single one called "New" results in the error when going to the homepage.

i can get to the project list page with no problem and modify the project and do other tasks, it just seems to be on the homepage that i encounter the error.

i did come across a post about this same error which pointed to another post that said to click the link "generate custom field views". i did that and received " Project custom field views were created successfully", but that didnt fix the issue. the error still shows up if there are any statuses in the project.
We haven't seen this before, what is the name of your status value that causes this?
Oct 10, 2014 at 4:12 PM
i deleted the entiere installation and reinstalled it fresh. an error on the homepage showed up again whenever a status was added, doesnt matter what name you gave the status, to the project. the error in the event log is slightly different. its now referring to 'BugNet_P1_CFV' instead of 'BugNet_P3_CFV'.

i searched around the discussion and found another post which mentioned that these are names of Views which are being created. when i checked my Views in the database, these project views were missing. i clicked "generate custom field views" and received a successfully completed message but when i checked the views in the db, no new views appeared.

the sql account being used only had datareader, datawriter and execute permissions, so i started to play around with permissions. i added the Create View and Alter permissions for this account on this database. went back to the projects list and clicked "generate custom field views" and received a successfully completed. when i checked the views in the db this time, the view dbo.BugNet_P1_CFV was there. i went to the homepage and it loaded with no errors.

so looks like it was a permissions issue on the db side. whats interesting though is that the "generate custom field views" kept returning that it completed successfully, even though it didnt.
Coordinator
Oct 22, 2014 at 2:05 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.