Admin menu

Topics: General
Sep 18, 2014 at 10:34 PM
is it the 'super user' flag that causes the admin menu to appear at the top of the page? if not, what setting causes it to appear. Since we need the 'super user' flag to be set so that users can remove/add people from the notification section of issues, I'm hoping it is some other setting? It would seem to me that only those users in an 'Admin' role would be able to see it.

Thanks!
Sep 19, 2014 at 1:54 AM
asudman wrote:
is it the 'super user' flag that causes the admin menu to appear at the top of the page? if not, what setting causes it to appear. Since we need the 'super user' flag to be set so that users can remove/add people from the notification section of issues, I'm hoping it is some other setting? It would seem to me that only those users in an 'Admin' role would be able to see it.

Thanks!
Only super users can see the user list, log viewer, project list, and application settings. If you are a project administrator you can see the edit project option on the admin menu.
Sep 19, 2014 at 1:46 PM
Would it be possible to make the ability to add/remove users from an issue's notification list be part of the role, and not tied to the 'super user' flag?
Sep 19, 2014 at 3:11 PM
asudman wrote:
Would it be possible to make the ability to add/remove users from an issue's notification list be part of the role, and not tied to the 'super user' flag?
Adding or removing notifications to a project can be done through the edit project section.
Sep 19, 2014 at 3:19 PM
I'm not talking about notifications at the project wide level. I'm talking about notifications on an individual issue level. Currently there is no way for a user to change those notifications unless they are flagged as a super user. Flagging them as a super user evidently gives them access to the Admin menu as well. We would like to be able to give users the ability to change the notifications on individual issues WITHOUT giving them access to the Admin menu. It makes sense to me that the ability to add/remove users from an individual issue's notification list would be tied to a role.
Sep 19, 2014 at 3:39 PM
asudman wrote:
I'm not talking about notifications at the project wide level. I'm talking about notifications on an individual issue level. Currently there is no way for a user to change those notifications unless they are flagged as a super user. Flagging them as a super user evidently gives them access to the Admin menu as well. We would like to be able to give users the ability to change the notifications on individual issues WITHOUT giving them access to the Admin menu. It makes sense to me that the ability to add/remove users from an individual issue's notification list would be tied to a role.
Project administrators can remove users from issues also, but not if they are subscribed at the project level. It can certainly be expanded to create new permission to allow more flexibility though.
Sep 19, 2014 at 3:44 PM
that's what we are looking for...thanks!
Sep 19, 2014 at 6:43 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.