how to verify a "fake" user

Topics: General
Sep 11, 2014 at 9:10 PM
Edited Sep 11, 2014 at 9:12 PM
I have created some "fake" users that are more like place holders. What database table do I need to modify to indicate they are "verified" and what flag do I need to set (there is not a valid email address for these accounts)?

Basically I need to have these "fake" accounts show up in the 'Assigned To' and 'Owned By' drop down lists.

Thanks!
Coordinator
Sep 12, 2014 at 12:59 AM
asudman wrote:
I have created some "fake" users that are more like place holders. What database table do I need to modify to indicate they are "verified" and what flag do I need to set (there is not a valid email address for these accounts)?

Basically I need to have these "fake" accounts show up in the 'Assigned To' and 'Owned By' drop down lists.

Thanks!
That should be the Membership table with the IsApproved column.
Sep 12, 2014 at 2:24 PM
Edited Sep 12, 2014 at 2:25 PM
That doesn't seem to be doing it. IsApproved is set to '1' and the user does not show in the lists. It appears to be something with the role assigned to the user. I have 'Assign Issues' flagged, but still does not show up. If I change the role to one used by "normal" users, it does. Just can't figure out what setting is causing this. They are setup to use the 'Read Only' role.
Coordinator
Sep 12, 2014 at 2:30 PM
asudman wrote:
That doesn't seem to be doing it. IsApproved is set to '1' and the user does not show in the lists. It appears to be something with the role assigned to the user. I have 'Assign Issues' flagged, but still does not show up. If I change the role to one used by "normal" users, it does. Just can't figure out what setting is causing this. They are setup to use the 'Read Only' role.
Assign them to the project through the project members screen under edit project.
Sep 12, 2014 at 2:56 PM
They are already assigned to the project.
Coordinator
Sep 12, 2014 at 3:06 PM
asudman wrote:
They are already assigned to the project.
If they are assigned to the project, have a role and are approved they should show up in the assigned to lists.
Sep 12, 2014 at 3:33 PM
Don't know what else to tell you. It appears to have something to do with the role assigned to the user. If I change the role it shows up, if I change it back to 'read only' it doesn't. Is there a setting on the role that could affect it appearing in those lists?
Coordinator
Sep 12, 2014 at 4:17 PM
Yes , readonly users can't be assigned to issues.
Sep 12, 2014 at 4:17 PM
Edited Sep 12, 2014 at 4:18 PM
is this just a hard and fast rule for the role name, or is there a setting on the role that can be changed to have them appear?
Coordinator
Sep 12, 2014 at 5:25 PM
asudman wrote:
is this just a hard and fast rule for the role name, or is there a setting on the role that can be changed to have them appear?
Its a hardcoded rule, and you can modify the [dbo].[BugNet_User_GetUsersByProjectId] stored procedure to remove this if you want.
Sep 12, 2014 at 6:21 PM
Or I can create a new role the is a clone of 'Read Only', but with a different name. Seems safer so it doesn't get overwritten with a new release.

Thanks for all the help! I wish all software providers were this responsive ;-)