security role question/problem

Topics: General
Aug 13, 2014 at 6:44 PM
Quick question that may be a problem with security roles. I have a role setup with 'edit issues' = No, and 'change status' = Yes, but the user can do nothing with an existing issue created by and assigned to him/her. is this the expected results? I thought that the 'change status' setting would allow the user to change the status of the issue, but nothing else.

While on this subject, it would be nice if there was a setting for 'assign issues Y/N'. For instance, the user could not edit the issue, but they can assign it to someone.

Thanks for all the help!
Aug 14, 2014 at 1:04 PM
Ok...just found the documentation and see that it says that you must have edit issues enabled in order to be able to change the status, so that answers that.

Followup though...what exactly does the 'Super User' flag do?? Can't seem to find that anywhere.

Thanks again!
Coordinator
Aug 14, 2014 at 1:16 PM
Edited Aug 14, 2014 at 1:16 PM
asudman wrote:
Ok...just found the documentation and see that it says that you must have edit issues enabled in order to be able to change the status, so that answers that.

Followup though...what exactly does the 'Super User' flag do?? Can't seem to find that anywhere.

Thanks again!
The super user flag gives access to everything in BugNET, this is usually reserved for application administrators since you can change back-end settings.
Sep 22, 2014 at 5:16 PM
Hate to bring this up again. Would it be possible to have the security settings work so that a person can change the status of an issue but NOT be able to change anything else about it? We would like people to be able to change the status of an issue (say to "approved") without being able to edit the priority, description, or anything else about the issue...just the status.

If this is something that is already being worked, just let me know and I'll drop it.

Thanks!
Coordinator
Sep 22, 2014 at 5:41 PM
asudman wrote:
Hate to bring this up again. Would it be possible to have the security settings work so that a person can change the status of an issue but NOT be able to change anything else about it? We would like people to be able to change the status of an issue (say to "approved") without being able to edit the priority, description, or anything else about the issue...just the status.

If this is something that is already being worked, just let me know and I'll drop it.

Thanks!
There is a permission for changing the issue status. You can enable or disable this but the user has to have the edit permission as well.
Sep 22, 2014 at 5:46 PM
I am aware of that. What I'm saying is that is not conducive to our needs. We need people that can change the status, but should NOT be able to edit anything else.