Diff Authentication and Open ID Login

Topics: Customizing BugNET
Aug 12, 2014 at 4:05 AM
Hi Everyone!

Just wanna ask what's the use or the effect in the tool of the following:
  1. User Account Source (None, Windows SAM, Active Directory)
  2. User Registration (None, Public, Verified)
I chose Verified then added a new user, but I noticed no difference.

Moreover, please confirm if my understanding is correct using Open ID Login. We can use Facebook, Twitter, Google and Microsoft Account to log in in the system?
If yes, how? and what's the use of App Id, App Secret, Consumer Key, Consumer Secret, Client Id, and Client Secret.
Also, how can we associate these logins to the Projects in the tool?

Please enlighten me. Thank you!
Aug 14, 2014 at 8:00 AM
Just an update in User Registration

If User Registration is Public, newly registered user is automatically logged in right after the registration process. This makes the email not relevant since the user is already authorized to log in. Email should no longer be needed since the registration is public.

While if User Registration is Verified, newly registered user is automatically logged in right after the registration process. But, after logging out from the system, that user will no longer be allowed to log in unless the user verified the link sent to the registered email. This makes the email relevant. However, the new user should not be automatically logged in right after the registration process. Moreover, on this scenario, the new user should not receive an email (please see below) informing the account is already registered until clicking the verification link.

How about the User Account Source?
Coordinator
Aug 14, 2014 at 4:17 PM
Please see the authentication section of the application configuration page
https://bugnet.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Application%20Configuration&referringTitle=Using%20BugNET