Aug 9, 2014 at 9:36 AM
Edited Aug 9, 2014 at 9:37 AM
I'm struggling a bit, recently with viewing issues in a way that helps my workflow.
I used to save the querystring composite url of my "current" project, "current" milestone from the project summary. I saved as a favorite on the browser so I can get straight to my worklist.
Recently a number of issues are not assigned to me and generate "noise" on that list, so I tried the view issue dropdown to assigned to me but then I get all issues assigned to me regardless of the querystring (still in place).
I then tried the myissue: I can filter by project but my project has a lot of milestones and the list gets again messed up. Is there a way to add milestone filtering to myissue? Also, there's a way to make the filtering (and the sort order... ;) persisted,
some how? Eventually by querystring if not else?
On the design of the my issue page. I work on a fairly common screen resolution 1280x1024. If I look at the myissue page I notice that:
- about the top half of the screen is occupied by the bugnet black bar, the menu bar, page header and query selectors.
- about a quarter of the horizontal space is taken by the stats column... mostly empty (and with data rarely used)
- the effective space of the issue list is really constrained
Now, I love bootstrap because is very consistent and clean but, if you do not constrain it a bit, it tends to waste too much screen estate so I can suggest:
- Issue list needs to be always full width: I would remove the statistics column, eventually can be put in a collapsed horizontal pane shown by clicking a link on the column selection group.
- We need to gain vertical space: Is there a way to merge the two top bars in one? Or make the black one collapsible?
- Also on vertical space, remove the ruler between the "Issue Summary for..." title and the filter block and reduce spacing and size for the title (my suggestion: go for consistency with bar's font sizing).
Does this makes sense or I'm totally burnout and ranting? :)
Aug 10, 2014 at 3:33 PM
Edited Aug 10, 2014 at 3:48 PM
It has been suggested a few times to merge the queries / issue list screen. What about how codeplex functions, multiple select lists with the ability to get a direct link to bookmark.
This is similar to how the my issues page is setup right now but not as functional.
This also similar to how BugNET used to function in older releases.