"Access Denied" after selecting 'Register' link on login page

Topics: Core
Jun 25, 2014 at 3:38 PM
When I want to create a new user by selecting the 'Register' link on the login page, I get an "Access Denied" message. Is this an authorization setting that I need to change?
Coordinator
Jun 25, 2014 at 4:01 PM
Yes, grab the latest version. It has a fix that will hide the register button until you enable user registration in the application configuration page.
Jun 25, 2014 at 4:05 PM
without downloading the lastest version, which "User Registrataion" setting will enable this? Either one?
Jun 25, 2014 at 4:06 PM
also, what is the difference between 'public' and 'verified'?
Coordinator
Jun 25, 2014 at 4:09 PM
Edited Jun 25, 2014 at 4:10 PM
asudman wrote:
also, what is the difference between 'public' and 'verified'?
public anyone can register, with verified users must confirm their email, which is usually preferred.

I guess we could argue the case for public anymore. I would expect everyone to verify their email these days.
Coordinator
Jun 25, 2014 at 4:13 PM
There are also critical fixes in the latest version that you will need.
Jun 25, 2014 at 4:51 PM
installed latest version and the register button was still visible even with 'user registration' set to none. But I have the solution to this now, thanks!
Jun 25, 2014 at 4:53 PM
oh...one other thing...I'm not talking about the register "button" at the top right of the page, but the register "link" at the bottom of the page. My eye is drawn to that one it seems.
Jun 25, 2014 at 4:57 PM
follow up...when registering if there is an error/issue with the something on the page it would be nice to have a message stating that, not just leave the user on the screen (for instance, my password was too short).
Coordinator
Jun 25, 2014 at 4:59 PM
asudman wrote:
oh...one other thing...I'm not talking about the register "button" at the top right of the page, but the register "link" at the bottom of the page. My eye is drawn to that one it seems.
that would should be hidden also, I will add a bug for it.
Coordinator
Jun 25, 2014 at 4:59 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Jun 25, 2014 at 5:02 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.