Cannot assign new users to project after upgrading

Topics: Core, General
Mar 17, 2014 at 9:12 AM
Good morning,
I've updated a 1.3 bugnet to the latest 1.5.

I've done the reset password work.

The strange thing is that if I add a new user, one that wasn't there in the 1.3 , I cannot give him any role in any project.
I can assign him as the manager of the project but in the "project members" tab I can add him in project members but in "assign user to roles" he doesn't show at all.
Tested with IE and Chrome, Firefox.

My system is win server 2008, Sql server (10.50.2500).

I'm trying to adopt Bugnet Company wide but the issue is blocking me out.

Regards
Davide.
Mar 17, 2014 at 10:17 AM
I'm autoreplying I've narrowed down the issue but is still there:

If you add a new user, after an upgrade, you cannot add him in any role in any project.
The workaround is after adding the user go to "user accounts, edit user, manage role for this user ->add any role in any project "
Magically now you can add that user in any role in any project.

It seem that the new registration doesn't create some information on new users, I'll hope the fix will be out soon.
Coordinator
Mar 17, 2014 at 2:53 PM

Sorry for the inconvenience, some other users have reported similar issues and we will be looking into it at the end of this week. Thanks.

Apr 23, 2014 at 12:48 PM
I'm still experiencing this issue. I also updated from an old 1.3 to 1.5.265.0 recently and had a few issues with passwords which I was able to resolve, however yesterday I added a new user and tried to assign them to a few projects but every time I got..

Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'UserId', table 'xxxx.com.dbo.BugNet_UserProjects'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'UserId', table 'xxxx.com.dbo.BugNet_UserRoles'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.

I have checked in the ID of the user which isn't blank and I also checked the UserRoles. I couldn't see any issues with where it was trying to insert into. This only happens on new users, existing users seem to be fine.

Sys: Win Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2008 R2, IIS 7.5
Coordinator
Apr 24, 2014 at 1:59 AM