Error after upgrading to v1.5

Topics: Core, Customizing BugNET, General, Installing BugNET
Mar 10, 2014 at 11:58 AM
Edited Mar 10, 2014 at 11:58 AM
I have upgraded from BugNET 0.8.304 to BugNet 1.5 and I got the following issue:

This is the error: Invalid object name 'BugNet_P22_CFV'.

in the old database I already have some projects, after getting the source code and did debug using VS I found the problem come from the following method:

public override List<Issue> PerformQuery(List<QueryClause> queryClauses, ICollection<KeyValuePair<string, string>> sortFields, int projectId = 0)

I just want to what the customFieldViewName does ?
        // build the custom field view name
        var customFieldViewName = string.Format(Globals.PROJECT_CUSTOM_FIELDS_VIEW_NAME, projectId);

// start out with some default values
        var customFieldsJoin = string.Empty;
        var startWhere = "WHERE 1=1 ";

// store the sql we will be building
        var commandBuilder = new StringBuilder();

// this is our default select statement, the placeholders will be swapped out as we go
        commandBuilder.Append("SELECT * FROM BugNet_IssuesView iv @PROJECT_CF_JOIN@ @START_WHERE@ @CRITERIA@ @SORT_FIELDS@");
Mar 10, 2014 at 2:12 PM
Edited Mar 10, 2014 at 2:40 PM
If you log in as an administration , then go to the projects screen there is an option to recreate the custom field views that should solve this issue.

The custom field view is created dynamically to add each custom field to a view with the issue properties so it can be filtered or searched.
Mar 11, 2014 at 3:36 AM
Edited Mar 11, 2014 at 3:50 AM
Hi @Debeaud

After login using Admin account I hit an exception like above and I could not go further. Therefore I could not go to project screen as you said.

I have installed a blank version of Bugnet and I see that we have "Generate Custom Field Views" but my biggest question here is why there is a exception Custom Field Views with old database version upgraded? in the blank version if we dont create Custom Field Views everything still runs fine and it seems to we dont need them.

Any suggestion for me to fix the issues ?
Mar 11, 2014 at 2:41 PM
after login, access the projects page directly at /Administration/Projects/ProjectList.aspx

Mar 12, 2014 at 3:48 AM
Hi,

I hit the exception right after login :(, then I could not do anything else.

When those Custom Field Views are generated ? When we click Generate Custom Field Views link ?

By default after installing the latest version of Bugnet I do not see any view for custom fields.

Pls help me. I have a really important to project using Bugnet and I'm responsible for upgrading to the latest version without loosing anything from current database.

Thanks.
Mar 13, 2014 at 12:09 AM
Sorry , I should have been more specific. After login, you can navigate directly to the ProjectList page by entering the url in the browser servername/Administration/Projects/ProjectList.aspx