Seeing All the Open Issues

Topics: General
Feb 22, 2014 at 12:04 AM
I just setup and installed Bug net.
I set up my first Project, created my users and set their roles.

Right now only users assigned to the Project Administrator role can see all the issues. If they are assigned to any other role the can only see issue when they are owner, creator and assigned to.

I would like users to see issues out side of the ones they are related to.
Have I missed a setting that controls this?

Any help would be great.
Feb 22, 2014 at 4:00 PM
There shouldn't be anything preventing users from seeing all issues in a project if they are assigned to the project. If you are on the issue list page you can change the view issues drop down filter to Open Issues or All Issues.
Feb 22, 2014 at 4:30 PM
I can change it to All or Open issues and it still will only show issues they are related to.
I believe have added the users to the project and assign roles. Is there somewhere in the UI or the dB I can check to make sure the users are added correctly?
Feb 23, 2014 at 3:10 PM
JoshuaKoppel wrote:
I can change it to All or Open issues and it still will only show issues they are related to.
I believe have added the users to the project and assign roles. Is there somewhere in the UI or the dB I can check to make sure the users are added correctly?
You can check the project members page in the admin section. In the database, there are tables for project members and UserRoles.

By default , there is no restriction on who can and cant see issues, so you should be able to see all issues in a project when assigned to is. This feature is actually requested a lot though.
Feb 23, 2014 at 7:04 PM
I think I found my problem. I got a copy of the code and walked getting the list of "issues".
By they way the code is very nicely written and easy to follow.
It looks like the "issues" were being hidden because I had set the "issues" to private by default with out meaning to. Once I went and changed them back to public everything worked they way I would have expected.

If you could clarify/validate my understanding now of a couple settings for me.
1) Project being private means that only user assigned to the project can see it.
2) Issues being private means only project users associated the issue and Project Admins can see it.

Thanks for your help.
Marked as answer by JoshuaKoppel on 2/24/2014 at 10:29 AM
Feb 24, 2014 at 1:35 AM
1) Correct, only users assigned to a project that is private can see issues and the project itself.
2) Yes, when an issue is marked private the user who created the issue and any project admins can see it.
Marked as answer by JoshuaKoppel on 2/24/2014 at 10:29 AM