Existing user's login failed after upgrade

Topics: Installing BugNET
Oct 28, 2013 at 9:40 AM
I have upgrade my Bugnet from version " 0.8.295.0" to "1.5.258.0" successfully. But after upgrading login is not working. it is throwing error "your login attempt was not successful". But my older version is working with the same credentials.

Please suggest me what should I do now.

Deep Singh
Coordinator
Oct 28, 2013 at 11:53 AM
This is by design. We switched from encrypted to hashed passwords in 1.5 so you can use the forgot password function from the login page to reset your password.

On Monday, October 28, 2013, deepsingh9 wrote:

I have upgrade my Bugnet from version " 0.8.295.0" to "1.5.258.0" successfully. But after upgrading login is not working. it is throwing error "your login attempt was not successful". But my older version is working with the same credentials.

Please suggest me what should I do now.

Deep Singh

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed])

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Oct 28, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Hello dubeaud,

I have tried forgetPassword functionality from the login page. It said "An email with instructions on how to reset your password is on its way to you" but didn't get any mail.

Also, after some search, I got a page called "ResetPassword" from any blog, after using this I am getting another issue as mentioned below

Invalid object name 'BugNet_IssuesView'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'BugNet_IssuesView'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid object name 'BugNet_IssuesView'.]

Deep
Coordinator
Oct 28, 2013 at 12:21 PM
The email be sent to the address of the account you are trying to reset.

Did the upgrade complete without errors? The view should exist in the database.

On Monday, October 28, 2013, deepsingh9 wrote:

Hello dubeaud,

I have tried forgetPassword functionality from the login page. It said "An email with instructions on how to reset your password is on its way to you" but didn't get any mail.

Also, after some search, I got a page called "ResetPassword" from any blog, after using this I am getting another issue as mentioned below

Invalid object name 'BugNet_IssuesView'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'BugNet_IssuesView'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid object name 'BugNet_IssuesView'.]

Deep

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Oct 28, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Yes, it should be email to the address of the account on which I am trying but it is not doing.

Yes, it upgrade completely without error.

Here are results of upgrading process:

Upgrading BugNET
Upgrade Status Report
Current Assembly Version: 1.5.258.0
Current Database Version: 0.8.295.0
00:00:00.0040004 - Upgrading To Version: 1.5.258.0
00:00:00.0090009 - Creating Custom Field Views
00:01:16.9636956 - Custom fields created!
00:01:16.9676960 - Executing Script: 0.8.300.0.SqlDataProvider.sql Success
00:01:18.5948587 - Executing Script: 0.9.126.0.SqlDataProvider.sql Success
00:01:19.0018994 - Executing Script: 0.9.142.0.SqlDataProvider.sql Success
00:01:19.0379030 - Executing Script: 0.9.152.0.SqlDataProvider.sql Success
00:01:19.0559048 - Executing Script: 1.0.187.0.SqlDataProvider.sql Success
00:01:20.2980290 - Executing Script: 1.1.213.0.SqlDataProvider.sql Success
00:01:20.3190311 - Executing Script: 1.2.231.0.SqlDataProvider.sql Success
00:01:20.5740566 - Executing Script: 1.3.242.0.SqlDataProvider.sql Success
00:01:20.6220614 - Executing Script: 1.4.256.0.SqlDataProvider.sql Success
00:01:20.6990691 - Executing Script: 1.5.258.0.SqlDataProvider.sql Success

Upgrade Complete
Click Here To Access Your BugNET Installation

Oct 29, 2013 at 5:06 AM
Hello dubeaud,

Please help me regarding above, I need to update BugNet asap.

OR is there any page which I can access directly to change my password?

Thanks
Oct 29, 2013 at 5:14 AM
Hello dubeaud,

Finally, I am able to change my password. and successfully get into the system
Now I am facing some other issue in using Upgraded BugNet like mentioned below.
  1. When I try to access Home, I get an exception as below.
System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> BugNET.Common.DataAccessException: Database Error ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'BugNet_P6_CFV'.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action1 wrapCloseInAction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action
1 wrapCloseInAction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader()
at BugNET.Providers.DataProviders.SqlDataProvider.ExecuteReaderCmd[T](SqlCommand sqlCmd, GenerateListFromReader
1 gcfr, List1& list)
at BugNE

___I am getting other error as mentioned below___

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid object name 'BugNet_P6_CFV'.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action
1 wrapCloseInAction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action1 wrapCloseInAction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource
1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)
at BugNET.Providers.DataProviders.SqlDataProvider.ExecuteReaderCmd[T](SqlCommand sqlCmd, GenerateListFromReader1 gcfr, List1& list)
at BugNET.Providers.DataProviders.SqlDataProvider.PerformQuery(List1 queryClauses, ICollection1 sortFields, Int32 projectId)
ClientConnectionId:1d01225b-9e4d-4065-b25
Coordinator
Oct 29, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Hi,

What ended up fixing the issue?

To fix the error with the custom views you can login as admin and go to the projects page. Select create custom issue views.

Cheers.

On Tuesday, October 29, 2013, deepsingh9 wrote:

Hello dubeaud,

Finally, I am able to change my password. and successfully get into the system
Now I am facing some other issue in using Upgraded BugNet like mentioned below.
  1. When I try to access Home, I get an exception as below.
System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> BugNET.Common.DataAccessException: Database Error ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'BugNet_P6_CFV'.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action1 wrapCloseInAction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action
1 wrapCloseInAction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite)
at BugNET.Providers.DataProviders.SqlDataProvider.ExecuteReaderCmd[T](SqlCommand sqlCmd, GenerateListFromReader
1 gcfr, List1& list)
at BugNE

___I am getting other error as mentioned below___

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid object name 'BugNet_P6_CFV'.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action
1 wrapCloseInAction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action1 wrapCloseInAction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource
1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite)
at BugNET.Providers.DataProviders.SqlDataProvider.ExecuteReaderCmd[T](SqlCommand sqlCmd, GenerateListFromReader1 gcfr, List1& list)
at BugNET.Providers.DataProviders.SqlDataProvider.PerformQuery(List1 queryClauses, ICollection1 sortFields, Int32 projectId)
ClientConnectionId:1d01225b-9e4d-4065-b25

Marked as answer by deepsingh9 on 10/29/2013 at 5:31 AM
Oct 29, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Thank you dubeaud.

Its working now.

Deep