The move to hashed password requires all users to reset their passwords via the password reset page

Topics: Core, General
Aug 28, 2013 at 1:41 PM
If I can't login, how do I get to the password reset page? My options from the login page are:

Forgot your password?
If you don't have an account yet you can click here to get one.
Coordinator
Aug 28, 2013 at 2:46 PM
The forgot your password link will take you to a page that you can enter your username, then an email is sent to the users email address with a link that allows them to reset their password.
Aug 28, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Edited Aug 28, 2013 at 3:14 PM
I submitted my user id from the forgot password screen and received the message:

Forgot Your Password?
An email with instructions on how to reset your password is on its way to you.

Next...Received an e-mail with a URL to change my password.

Finally...Followed the URL and changed my password and got an error:
Application Error - /Account/PasswordReset.aspx

An error has occured in processing your request.

Please try again.

Note: this is on http://support.bugnetproject.com
Coordinator
Aug 28, 2013 at 4:07 PM
It seems if your account is locked out you cannot reset your password. There may be another error but this is what I get and I cannot access the database to unlock. I will have more information later.
Coordinator
Aug 29, 2013 at 3:02 AM
I have unlocked your account and you should be able to reset your password now.
Aug 29, 2013 at 12:59 PM
I was able to change my password; however, when trying to login after changing my password, I was unable to login. I think I might have locked my account again.
Coordinator
Aug 29, 2013 at 1:07 PM
yes you did, its unlocked now.
Aug 29, 2013 at 1:15 PM
I am in now.

The password I originally changed to, had all lower case and numeric values. The change password seem to work; but, the login failed.
I changed my password again, this time including one upper case value with lower and numeric and was able to login after changing passwords.

What are the new password requirements?
Coordinator
Aug 29, 2013 at 1:30 PM
PeteBSC wrote:
I am in now.

The password I originally changed to, had all lower case and numeric values. The change password seem to work; but, the login failed.
I changed my password again, this time including one upper case value with lower and numeric and was able to login after changing passwords.

What are the new password requirements?
I don't think they changed but the provider is set up as follows:
minRequiredPasswordLength="7" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0"