Application Error

Topics: General
Mar 5, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Can anyone tell me what this error means and how to resolve it:
System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: 'AdminNotificationUser' has a SelectedValue which is invalid because it does not exist in the list of items.
Parameter name: value
Coordinator
Mar 5, 2013 at 12:40 PM
This happens when then the host setting for adminnotificationuser has an invalid value set. The app is trying to set the value in the drop down list but the value doesn't exist. You can edit the value in the host settings table.

On Tuesday, March 5, 2013, aswade wrote:

From: aswade

Can anyone tell me what this error means and how to resolve it:
System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: 'AdminNotificationUser' has a SelectedValue which is invalid because it does not exist in the list of items.
Parameter name: value

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (bugnet@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email bugnet@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com



--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Mar 5, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Edited Mar 5, 2013 at 1:22 PM
I have checked that the drop down list is valid and it does contain all the users listed in BugNET so should it not work? Can you elaborate on your comment "You can edit the value in the host settings table" ie I assume you mean the SQL Table but I'm not too familiar with the process of editing, what should I be looking for and what should it be? Any help would be appreciated. Many than

In the SQL table ....HostSettings the current value for SettingName = "AdminNotificationUserName" is set to SettingValue = "admin" - should I just edit this and if so what should I change it to?
Coordinator
Mar 5, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Edited Mar 5, 2013 at 1:50 PM
aswade wrote:
I have checked that the drop down list is valid and it does contain all the users listed in BugNET so should it not work? Can you elaborate on your comment "You can edit the value in the host settings table" ie I assume you mean the SQL Table but I'm not too familiar with the process of editing, what should I be looking for and what should it be? Any help would be appreciated. Many than

In the SQL table ....HostSettings the current value for SettingName = "AdminNotificationUserName" is set to SettingValue = "admin" - should I just edit this and if so what should I change it to?
If you don't have a user with the name admin then you can change it in the sql table to any other username, or an administrator that is receiving email notifications (if you have enabled that)
Mar 5, 2013 at 2:17 PM
We do have a valid user "admin" so this should be OK?
Coordinator
Mar 5, 2013 at 2:24 PM
aswade wrote:
We do have a valid user "admin" so this should be OK?
Change it to "Admin" instead of "admin"
Mar 5, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Have done the change to "Admin" but still getting the same error!
Coordinator
Mar 5, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Click update on the basic details page or restart IIS. Host settings are cached in memory till changes occur but if you edit the db directly it isn't refreshed.
Mar 5, 2013 at 2:52 PM
OK Thanks, that's got rid of the error message but has highlighted another problem, I have changed the user that is set to receive admin notifications but the change has not happened, the user that was originally set here is still receiving the messages! Can you help me through this?

We are currently running version 0.9.161.0, is it worth me updated to the latest version ie 1.3 and is this a straight forward process?
Coordinator
Mar 5, 2013 at 2:56 PM
aswade wrote:
OK Thanks, that's got rid of the error message but has highlighted another problem, I have changed the user that is set to receive admin notifications but the change has not happened, the user that was originally set here is still receiving the messages! Can you help me through this?

We are currently running version 0.9.161.0, is it worth me updated to the latest version ie 1.3 and is this a straight forward process?
Go to the notifications screen, and click the save / update button again. This should change the notification user properly.

There are lots of fixes since 0.9, including the error that you just received I believe was fixed in a later version. Updating is fairly straight forward replacing the current files and running the installer page , but as always you should back everything up just in case.