Error while creating new issue (Version. 1.2.231)

Topics: Core
Nov 23, 2012 at 6:37 AM
Edited Nov 23, 2012 at 6:40 AM

Hi there,

I just upgrade vom 1.1 to the latest.
While createing a new issue I get an error. At the log this is displayed:

System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.IndexOutOfRangeException: NotificationCulture
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.GetOrdinal(String name)
   at BugNET.Providers.DataProviders.SqlDataProvider.GenerateIssueNotificationListFromReader(IDataReader returnData, List`1& issueNotificationList)
   at BugNET.Providers.DataProviders.SqlDataProvider.ExecuteReaderCmd[T](SqlCommand sqlCmd, GenerateListFromReader`1 gcfr, List`1& list)
   at BugNET.Providers.DataProviders.SqlDataProvider.GetIssueNotificationsByIssueId(Int32 issueId)
   at BugNET.BLL.IssueNotificationManager.SendIssueAddNotifications(Int32 issueId)
   at BugNET.Issues.IssueDetail.SaveIssue()
   at BugNET.Issues.IssueDetail.LnkSaveClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
   at System.Web.HttpContext.InvokeCancellableCallback(WaitCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.LegacyAsyncPageBeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback callback, Object extraData)
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

It sounds like a localization issue?
At the Application Settings -> Language,  Application Default is set to "en-US".

Any help will be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Sörnt

Developer
Nov 23, 2012 at 2:07 PM

It seems like you code is not in synch with the database schema.

How did you install BugNET and did you update the code by doing a manual compile of the source code?

Nov 23, 2012 at 2:14 PM

No.
I remove the old application and copy the new version there (from the .zip that contains the binaries) .
Than I merged the web.config and restarted the App-Pool.

Nov 28, 2012 at 7:31 PM

I experienced the same issue with an upgrade to 1.2.231.0.

It lies with a stored procedure called "BugNet_IssueNotification_GetIssueNotificationsByIssueId" that is missing the following line:

ISNULL(UP.PreferredLocale, @DefaultCulture) AS NotificationCulture

I updated the stored procedure with the contents from the CREATE PROCEDURE that exists in \BugNET_WAP\Providers\DataProviders\SqlDataProvider\BugNet.Schema.SqlDataProvider.sql.

I suspect the best option would be to create a new database containing a new install of 1.2.231.0 and schema diff with your existing database.

Nov 28, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Thanks for the feedback!

Hopefully they didn't change to much. Updateing the schema is 50%, the other 50% will be data moving/converting to new table layouts :-(

Regards,

Sörnt

Nov 29, 2012 at 1:28 PM

I created a new database for a fresh install of v.1.2.231.0. I then used this CodePlex schema diff tool (http://opendbiff.codeplex.com/) to compare my upgraded v.1.2.231.0 and the fresh install one.

With the exception of the change in BugNet_IssueNotification_GetIssueNotificationsByIssueId, there were no other changes.

Hope this helps!

Dec 19, 2012 at 10:39 PM

+1 for this issue

Recreated the procedure and it works now.  I hope that there's nothing else ;)

Coordinator
Dec 20, 2012 at 7:04 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Feb 21, 2013 at 12:39 AM
Edited Feb 21, 2013 at 12:40 AM
I just upgraded to 1.3 from 1.1 and got the same error.
System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.IndexOutOfRangeException: NotificationCulture
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.GetOrdinal(String name)
   at BugNET.Providers.DataProviders.SqlDataProvider.GenerateIssueNotificationListFromReader(IDataReader returnData, List`1& issueNotificationList)
   at BugNET.Providers.DataProviders.SqlDataProvider.ExecuteReaderCmd[T](SqlCommand sqlCmd, GenerateListFromReader`1 gcfr, List`1& list)
   at BugNET.Providers.DataProviders.SqlDataProvider.GetIssueNotificationsByIssueId(Int32 issueId)
   at BugNET.Issues.UserControls.IssueTabs.GetTabName(String tabName, String tabValue)
   at BugNET.Issues.UserControls.IssueTabs.RefreshTabNames()
   at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
   at System.Web.HttpContext.InvokeCancellableCallback(WaitCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.AsyncPageBeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback call