Pop email setup with Google

Topics: Core, General
Oct 16, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Hi all,

My company's domain for emails is hosted by google.

The problem I have is that there is one pop mail setup with a user/pwd in the "Application configuration / Pop3 Mailbox".

I need to have at least one pop3 per project so that incoming emails to the project's address are created as a project's issue.

I know I can create as many emails I want in each projet under the project's "Mailboxes"

The problem is that, with google, I need to supply the user/pwd for each address and I can't put it in the project's mailboxes.  Using the "main" user/pwd doesn't work with google when using the project's email.

Can you do something about it or am I missing something ?

A user name / Password per project mailbox would be nice while leaving the global pop3 settings at the application level.

Thanks.

Alain.

Developer
Oct 16, 2012 at 1:32 PM

I am not sure about Google's hosting accounts but you could try plus addressing.

See http://gmailblog.blogspot.ca/2008/03/2-hidden-ways-to-get-more-from-your.html#!/2008/03/2-hidden-ways-to-get-more-from-your.html

You would set up an email account for your BugNET (issues@yourdomain.com)

In BugNET for each project set up the mailbox to be something like <PROJECT_CODE>+issues@yourdomain.com

You then give the <PROJECT_CODE>+issues@yourdomain.com email address to your clients or whomever to use.

The Mailreader uses this address to assign the issue to the correct project when creating the issue.

FYI: this also works with SmarterMail too (this is what I use) but you would need to enable plus addressing for the domain first.

Oct 16, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Hi,

My account gets suspended by google.

First question, is « Polling Interval » in milli-seconds, seconds, minutes, … ?

I presume it’s ms and I putted 60000 then restarted my web server.

I created : Support@MyDomain.com

I sent a test email to Support+HR@MyDomain.com

When logged to google, the email is in the mailbox which is fine.

Now, in my project, how do I need to define my account :

I tried :

- hr+support@MyDomain.com

- support+hr@MyDomain.com

and it doesn’t work.

How should I define it in my project to read the google email account ?

Should it be :

a)

support@MyDomain.com

b)

+support@Mydomain.com

c) ??

Thanks.

Alain.

Developer
Oct 18, 2012 at 3:54 PM

In the Application Configuration -> Mail/SMTP settings the Host Email should be support@MyDomain.com

In the Project Administration -> Mailboxes the <label id="ctl00_ctl00_MainContent_Content_ctlContent_EmailAddressLabel" for="ctl00_ctl00_MainContent_Content_ctlContent_txtMailbox">Email Address should be the plus address Support+HR@MyDomain.com</label>

William