Installation not working on Windows Azure Deployment

Topics: Core, Installing BugNET
Aug 23, 2012 at 8:17 AM

Hi,

I configured everything as mentioned in the Installation document and Bugnet working fine in local machine.

Now I published Bugnet using windows azure deployment feature. When i tried to browse the URL it has redirected to Install.aspx. I believe this page contains code to run Sql scripts to create all Sql server objects(tables,function,SPs) errors out and displayed Sql server objects(specially stored procedures) not found.

As the features of Sql azure is different from Sql server, we are unable to create the database.

If anyone already tried this deployment, any kind of help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Krishna Priya

Aug 23, 2012 at 3:18 PM

I haven't tried deploying BugNET to azure yet but as you discovered there are a few gotchas with the current version that need to be addressed.  

• Deployment
  • The membership providers we use need to be switched to the Universal providers (but work needs to be done to refactor existing custom membership providers out)

I am not sure what other issues we would encounter as well.

Sep 25, 2012 at 11:41 AM

I have the same problem. I couldn't install BugNET on Windows Azure website.

Log is here:

Installing BugNET

Version: 1.1.213.0

Installation Status Report

00:00:00 - Installing Version: 1.1.213.0
00:00:00 - Installing Membership Provider:
00:00:00.0156360 -    Executing Script: InstallCommon.sql Error!
Error Details

File	InstallCommon.sql
Error  	Could not find stored procedure 'sp_helprotect'.

00:00:00.0312720 -    Executing Script: InstallMembership.sql Error!
Error Details

File	InstallMembership.sql
Error  	The table 'aspnet_Applications' cannot be found. Please use aspnet_regsql.exe for installing ASP.NET application services. The table 'aspnet_Users' cannot be found. Please use aspnet_regsql.exe for installing ASP.NET application services. The stored procedure 'aspnet_Applications_CreateApplication' cannot be found. Please use aspnet_regsql.exe for installing ASP.NET application services. The stored procedure 'aspnet_Users_CreateUser' cannot be found. Please use aspnet_regsql.exe for installing ASP.NET application services. The stored procedure 'aspnet_Users_DeleteUser' cannot be found. Please use aspnet_regsql.exe for installing ASP.NET application services. Foreign key 'FK__aspnet_Me__Appli__14270015' references invalid table 'dbo.aspnet_Applications'. Could not create constraint. See previous errors. Creating the aspnet_Membership table...

00:00:00.0625440 -    Executing Script: InstallProfile.sql Error!
Error Details

File	InstallProfile.sql
Error  	The table 'aspnet_Applications' cannot be found. Please use aspnet_regsql.exe for installing ASP.NET application services. The table 'aspnet_Users' cannot be found. Please use aspnet_regsql.exe for installing ASP.NET application services. The stored procedure 'aspnet_Applications_CreateApplication' cannot be found. Please use aspnet_regsql.exe for installing ASP.NET application services. The stored procedure 'aspnet_Users_CreateUser' cannot be found. Please use aspnet_regsql.exe for installing ASP.NET application services. The stored procedure 'aspnet_Users_DeleteUser' cannot be found. Please use aspnet_regsql.exe for installing ASP.NET application services. Foreign key 'FK__aspnet_Pr__UserI__17036CC0' references invalid table 'dbo.aspnet_Users'. Could not create constraint. See previous errors. Creating the aspnet_Profile table...

00:00:00.0938160 -    Executing Script: InstallRoles.sql Error!
Error Details

File	InstallRoles.sql
Error  	The table 'aspnet_Applications' cannot be found. Please use aspnet_regsql.exe for installing ASP.NET application services. The table 'aspnet_Users' cannot be found. Please use aspnet_regsql.exe for installing ASP.NET application services. The stored procedure 'aspnet_Applications_CreateApplication' cannot be found. Please use aspnet_regsql.exe for installing ASP.NET application services. The stored procedure 'aspnet_Users_CreateUser' cannot be found. Please use aspnet_regsql.exe for installing ASP.NET application services. The stored procedure 'aspnet_Users_DeleteUser' cannot be found. Please use aspnet_regsql.exe for installing ASP.NET application services. Foreign key 'FK__aspnet_Ro__Appli__19DFD96B' references invalid table 'dbo.aspnet_Applications'. Could not create constraint. See previous errors. Creating the aspnet_Roles table...

00:00:00.1407240 - Installing BugNET Database:
00:00:00.1407240 -    Executing Script: BugNET.Schema.SqlDataProvider.sql Error!
Error Details

File	BugNET.Schema.SqlDataProvider.sql
Error  	There is already an object named 'BugNet_UserProfiles' in the database.

00:00:00.2032680 - Installing BugNET Default Data:
00:00:00.2032680 -    Executing Script: BugNET.Data.SqlDataProvider.sql Error!
Error Details

File	BugNET.Data.SqlDataProvider.sql
Error  	Invalid object name 'BugNet_Permissions'.

00:00:00.2345400 - Creating Administrator Account 

Error: Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion'.
Installation Failed!

Sep 28, 2012 at 9:47 PM

The default membership scripts won't work on Azure as people have noted due to the references to internal sql stored procedures and schema tables that do not exist in a Azure sql database.

An updated version of the asp.net membership scripts for Azure can be found here http://lluisfranco.com/2011/05/18/using-asp-net-membership-in-sql-azure/.  You would have to swap out the BugNET versions of these scripts with the modified ones.

Even then YMMV with regards to getting it to work.

Sep 29, 2012 at 10:35 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.