Unable to configure POP3 setting

Topics: Core
Jul 31, 2012 at 3:58 PM
Edited Jul 31, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Hi,

We are trying to configure POP3 setting as per the documentation but it is not working. Please find below the configuration settings -
1. Admin --> Application configuration --> POP3 mailbox
Enable - yes
Server - xxxx
Port - xxxx   
username - xxxx@xxx.com
password - xxxx
SSL - Yes
Polling interval - 6000
Delete processed message - no
Process attachments - Yes
Body Template -
<div >Sent by:{1} on: {2}<br>{0}</div>
Reporting Username - xxxx

2. Admin --> Projects --> Edit Project --> Mailboxes
EmailAddress - same as username given in POP3 mailbox section
Assign To - valid username
IssueType - Bug

We tested by sending email to the configured email address but no related issue got created in bugnet. Please advice.

Coordinator
Aug 1, 2012 at 12:46 AM

You have uncommented the httpmodule in the web.config in both places?

Aug 1, 2012 at 2:20 PM

yes we have

Developer
Aug 1, 2012 at 3:23 PM

What version of mail server are you using or connecting to?

Aug 1, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Exchange 2007.

Aug 3, 2012 at 3:24 PM

I want to mention that the username that we have used in the POP3 mailbox section is the same as the email address that we mentioned in the admin--> Mailboxes section. We are going by the assumption that bugent needs to connect to a particular email account on the POP3 exchange server hence needs the password.

I checked some of the suggestions logged under "Hard time with email integration" and implemented the same on my end as well. Even I am not seeing any getting logged related to exchange server connection etc.  I am mentioning below the changes that I made and tested. I sent a test mail to our POP3 server but nothing got logged and neither any issue got created automatically.

Log4net.config

Added the below mentioned snippet inside tag <log4net> </log4net>

<configuration>
    <appSettings>
        <add key="log4net.Internal.Debug" value="true"/>
    </appSettings>
</configuration>

web.config

Added the below mentioned snippet inside tag <configuration> </configuration>

<system.diagnostics>
        <trace autoflush="true">
            <listeners>
                <add
                    name="textWriterTraceListener"
                    type="System.Diagnostics.TextWriterTraceListener"
                    initializeData="C:\tmp\log4net.txt" />
            </listeners>
        </trace>
    </system.diagnostics>

Aug 6, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Can we be provided with test POP3 server details that I can configure in my bugnet application and see if that works? If POP3 integration works with your test server then at least we will know that we might need to change something on our server.

Thank you for your help.

Developer
Aug 6, 2012 at 10:28 PM

These are my test settings I used.  Note I have an internal DNS server that I can use these kinds of domain names.

The username is also the same as the mailbox (track@futurama.local).

2. Admin --> Projects --> Edit Project --> Mailboxes
EmailAddress - same as username given in POP3 mailbox section
Assign To - valid username
IssueType - Bug

The settings seem to be similar to yours, If you are using an alternate SSL port you may have to open up the same port (firewall) on your Windows box.

Aug 7, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Thank you. All the settings look alike. We believe that it might be a problem with ports not being opened as you pointed. We are trying to get the ports opened which will take some time. I will get back in a couple of days.

Aug 24, 2012 at 3:05 PM

We checked our ports and our network doesn't block anything. Is there anything specific we should check on the POP3 server side? Like we have configured Reporting username but that is just some arbitrary name. Is there any place else where we need to do some setting in order to identify this username?

Developer
Aug 24, 2012 at 5:33 PM

The reporting username should be the username of one of your users (like a manager or developer).

Aug 24, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Thanks. I corrected that. Is there anything that can check from the server hosting Bugnet application to make sure that it is trying to contact the POP3 server?

Aug 30, 2012 at 9:25 PM
Edited Aug 30, 2012 at 10:04 PM