Create Project after installation

Topics: General, Installing BugNET
Jul 30, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Hi, I have some problem with installation. On fresh install and after I log in bugnet as admin I don't see how to create new projects - there is no such option. If I try to access "administration/projects/addproject.aspx" directly then I get an "Access denied" message. Could anyone please help me?

Sep 8, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Did you get this resolved?  I just downloaded and am running into the same issue.

Thanks

Oct 18, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Guys, I could see the same issue. I could not see any options to create a new projected when I logged in as admin/password.

Coordinator
Oct 18, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Did the installation complete successfully without errors? 

Is your connectionstring named "BugNET". This is a requirement.

Sounds as if the final step of the install did not work correctly and the admin user was not added to the super users role.

Oct 18, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Guys,

I could solve the issue.

Here is the solution (copied from other discussion).

Something must have happened during the install as I was able to download the latest version, install from scratch and the admin user was a "super user" which allows for full access.

If there were no errors present when the installer ran and you have access to the database to run SQL queries you can run this query and it will setup the Admin user as the "Super Role".

IF NOT EXISTS (
SELECT * FROM BugNet_Roles r
INNER JOIN BugNet_UserRoles ur ON ur.RoleId = r.RoleId
INNER JOIN aspnet_Users u ON u.UserId = ur.UserId
WHERE u.LoweredUserName = 'admin'
AND r.RoleId = 1)
BEGIN
	INSERT INTO BugNet_UserRoles (UserId, RoleId)
	SELECT TOP 1 UserId, 1
	FROM aspnet_Users u
	WHERE u.LoweredUserName = 'admin'
END

If you do not have access to the database or do not know how to run queries against it you may have to delete/recreate the database and try it again.