How do we move issues from one project to another

Topics: Core, General
Jul 5, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Hello All,

Our team has started using BugNet recently and we love it. 

We are now trying to move issues from one project to another.

example: There are 100 issues in an existing BugNet project. We want to move them into another project for more maintainability. I tried searching these forums and also google, but could not find anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jul 6, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Hello,

Our team also would really appreciate such functionality. You may have found something like:

"Ability to move bug from different projects to another one" on Google. Unfortuatly all forum links redirect you to bugnet.codeplex.com.

Luckily I have a copy of a partial solution a member had uploaded. If you would like to get it, reply to this message.

I'll start working on a solution.

Jul 6, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Thank you for your response. Please provide the copy of a partial solution a member had uploaded.

Yes, I did search in google and found all links pointing to bugnet.codeplex.com

Jul 6, 2012 at 3:31 PM

There is some code here to add a move issue to a new project  - http://support.bugnetproject.com/Issues/IssueDetail.aspx?id=574#

If you are moving more than 1 issue at a time you would want to put together some sort of database script, and it has to take in account that all status, priority values are per project and will each have their own unique id's

Jul 9, 2012 at 1:19 PM

It works like this:

Jul 10, 2012 at 6:52 PM

I only got "It works like this:" in your reply...

Jul 10, 2012 at 11:11 PM

There is a linked image: http://i.imgur.com/goX7y.jpg

Jul 12, 2012 at 2:45 PM
Edited Jul 12, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Thank you, but how do I get the 'Issue Copy' to show up on my screen below? Thanks for your help.

Jul 17, 2012 at 4:29 PM

You would have to compile the user submitted code into BugNET.

May 28, 2013 at 10:38 AM
The code submitted does not work. It does not contain the DB changes required, also i think the user has referenced some DLL's which are different from the ones present in BugNet.
Please can someone upload the entire working code. This is a really useful feature to have!