It's hard to help when we really don't know what you have done (with regards to the steps) you have take up to this point.
My gut feeling is that it might be one of two issues
- The settings in IIS for the Bugnet is not running as an Application
- The wrong ASP.NET version is selected the for the Application
If you have followed the instructions here :
http://bugnet.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Installing%20BugNET&referringTitle=Documentation then this is for IIS 7 & 7.5 which depends on how familiar you are with IIS 5.1 you may have to do some extra steps.
- First open INETMGR Start -> Run -> type INETMGR <enter>
- Expand the (local computer) -> expand (Web Sites) -> Expand (Default Web Site)
- Select the bugnet folder and right click -> Properties
- On the Directory tab hit the <Create> button (leave all defaults)
- On the Documents tab
- Click Add
- Enter Default.aspx -> Ok
- Using the left arrow-up button move it into the first position
- Ignore the Directory Security tab
- Ignore the HTTP Headers tab
- On the ASP.NET tab Select the ASP.NET Version 4.0.xxxxx
- Press Ok
Now try hitting the install/install.aspx fiel again, if you have configured the connection string correctly in the web config it should start installing.
If you do not see the 4.0.xxxxx in the dropdown on the ASP.NET tab then you need to install ASP.NET 4.0. However if you have to install it then you wil need to register .NET 4.0 with IIS using the command line tool aspnet_regiis.exe
Open up a cmd prompt (Start -> Run -> type cmd <enter>) and type "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_regiis.exe" -i <enter>
FYI: The instructions above are for using forms authentication not windows integrated auth.
Hope this helps some.