Remove unused fields

Topics: Customizing BugNET
May 1, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Is there some way I can remove unused fields from the NewIssue page?

Also is there some way to provide default values for fields?

--kiran

May 2, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Currently you can not, but this is a highly requested feature and we will be adding both of these features in the near future.

Oct 5, 2012 at 5:45 PM

I just discovered BugNET and started using it right away.  I'm just setting it up and looking through the documentation and discussions, so maybe I missed this somewhere, but has this been changed yet?  I didn't see any obvious way to remove and/or set defaults for fields, but I thought maybe I'm missing something.  

I'm comfortable making changes directly in the database if this is only a shortcoming in the GUI.  Thanks.

Oct 5, 2012 at 6:39 PM

In case anyone else is looking for a solution to this, I did discover that I can use the CSS to hide these fields.  It's not perfect (obviously) but it does clear up some clutter from that screen.  I wanted to remove the fields Affected Milestone, Private, and Estimation.  In order to do so, I viewed the source (right click on page -> View Page Source) and found the IDs of the items I wanted removed.  Then I added the following CSS to the /App_Themes/Default/Default.css:

/* Milestone Affected */
#ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_MainContent_Content_IssueFields_Label4
{
display:none;
}
#ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_MainContent_Content_IssueFields_DropAffectedMilestone_ddlMilestone
{
display:none;
}
... ditto for other fields ...

If anyone has a better way of doing this (ideally, I don't want to update the actual page code), let me know.